UPDATE 02/04/2019: As you can see, the year started out splendidly and then … well, the siren song of other books drew me away from my goals and far too many titles are still waiting for my attention. Meanwhile, I added far, far more titles to my “To Be Read Someday” section of this list than what I typed in here. I found it easier to simply start adding the titles to an Amazon wish list with just a couple of clicks than to take the time typing and organizing here.
Oh well, it was an interesting experiment and I did wind up reading more of these books than I probably otherwise would have simply because I had this convenient list to remind me of what I’d intended to read.
I hope you enjoyed joining me on this journey!
Original Post from 2018 (with modifications made throughout the year):
I am trying something new this year. In an attempt to actually follow through on a Reading Challenge (read about the hopelessness of that HERE) and to not let those books which I have been meaning to read get forgotten, I have decided to publicly share my To Be Read List. What you will find below are lists of:
- Christian fiction novels I intend to read this year.
- Nonfiction books I intend to read this year.
- Books I intend to read at some point in the future.
I am certain there are more that I saw on book blogger pages that I wanted to read but forgot to write down, so if you happen to remember seeing me say I wanted to read something that isn’t on my list, please remind me!
Please, please, join me on this journey in attempting to follow through on my own reading goals by leaving your comments below! I want to know:
- what your reading goals are,
- how you are succeeding or failing at them,
- what books you think I need to add to my list,
- and which of the books that I have listed you would like to see me review.
Lists are ordered first by category, then by month to be read, then alphabetically by author’s last name.
(NTM) = New To Me = This will be my first title by this author.
(CL) = Celebrate Lit Tour/Review Blast Selection
* (asterisks) note books chosen to coincide with the 2018 Author of the Month Reading Challenge (Read more HERE.)
If the book releases this year, the date is noted.
Title (#/#) = I finished this one on this date.
REVIEW ##/##/## = Date my review went/will go live on my blog.
DNF = Did Not Finish
Christian Fiction Novels To Be Read in 2018
Misty M. Beller – This Treacherous Journey(1/15/18) (CL) (Released February 6, 2018) REVIEW 2/5/18 Christina Choryell – Written in the Dust(1/22/18) Lynette Eason – Always Watching(1/24/18) (NTM) * Anne Mateer – No Small Storm(1/8/18) (NTM) (CL) REVIEW 2/15/18 Brooke St James – So Happy Together(NTM) DNF 😦
Angela K Couch – Mail Order Revenge(1/28/18) Misty M Beller – A Sweetwater River Romance (CL)REVIEW 2/19/2018 Sondra Kraak – Three Words and a Kiss(2/1/18) (Released March 1, 2018) REVIEW 2/12/2018 Carrie Turansky – Shine Like the Dawn (NTM) *(2/26/18) Melissa Jagears – A Heart Most Certain(2/16/18) Regina Jennings – Holding the Fort(3/14/18) REVIEW Date TBD
Amanda Cabot – A Stolen Heart(3/19/18) Michelle Griep – The Innkeeper’s Daughter (Releases 2018) (CL)(NTM)(2/15/18) REVIEW 3/19/2018 Melissa Jagears – A Love So True(4/9/18) Kim Vogel Sawyer – Grace and the Preacher *(04/28/18)
Pepper D. Basham – Charming the Troublemaker(6/6/2018) Melissa Jagears – A Chance at Forever(Releases March 6, 2018) (5/28/2018)
- Amanda Cabot – A Borrowed Dream (Releases March 20, 2018)
Jody Hedlund – An Awakened Heart(05/01/18) Jody Hedlund – With You Always(05/04/18)
Jody Hedlund – Together Forever(05/06/18) (Releases May 1, 2018) (CL) REVIEW 5/28/18 Elizabeth Camden – From This Moment (Audible)(2/13/18) Melanie Dobson – Beneath a Gold Veil (Audible)(2/11/18)
- Beth K. Vogt – Crazy Little Thing Called Love (NTM) *
Michelle Griep – The Captured Bride (CL)(6/9/2018) REVIEW: 6/18/18 Misty M. Beller – This Wilderness Journey(3-31-18) (CL) REVIEW: 6/11/18 Linsday Franklin – The Story Peddler(5/18/2018)
Kimberly Rose Johnson – The Reluctant Groom(6/3/2018) Karen Witemeyer, Jody Hedlund, and Elizabeth Camden – All My Tomorrows (Three Historical Romance Novellas of Everlasting Love) (Releases March 6, 2018) Roseanna M. White – A Song Unheard(7/7/2018) Mary Connealy – The Accidental Guardian (Releases April 3, 2018)(6/23/2018) Karen Witemeyer – More Than Meets the Eye *(7/23/2018)
- Tracie Peterson – A Promise to Believe In
Joanne Bischof – Sons of Blackbird Mountain (Releases July 3, 2018)(7/3/2018) Kelly Eileen Hake – The Bride Bargain(8/12/2018)
- Susan Anne Mason – Irish Meadows (NTM)
Karen Witemeyer, Mary Connealy, Regina Jennings, and Melissa Jagears – Hearts Entwined (Historical Romance Novella Collection)(8/30/2018)
- Mary Connealy – Fired Up
- Ann H. Gabhart – Words Spoken True (NTM) *
- Cathy Marie Hake – Bittersweet
- Karen Witemeyer – A Cowboy Unmatched (Novella)
- Kristy Cambron – The Illusionist’s Apprentice (NTM)
- Elizabeth Camden – Into the Whirlwind *
- Lucy McConnell – Undercover Engagement (Novella)
- Karen Witemeyer, Mary Connealy, Carol Cox, & Regina Jennings – A Match Made in Texas (Novella Collection)
- Rachel Hauck – The Writing Desk
- Cara C. Putman – Rainbow’s End (4 in 1 collection) (NTM) *
- Lucy McConnell – The Reclusive Billionaire
- Deeanne Gist – It Happened at the Fair
- Evelynn Hill – His Forgotten Fiance (NTM)
- Melody Carlson – Once Upon a Summertime (NTM) *
- Karen Witemeyer – To Win Her Heart
- Sherri Shackelford – Mail-Order Christmas Baby (NTM)
Release date unknown: Pepper D. Basham – Next Door and Forevermore
Nonfiction Books To Be Read in 2018
NOTE: These titles only include those books which I intend to read cover to cover (or listen to start to finish) and do not include the innumerable books I read in part or in whole for research purposes. You’ll also notice that many of them are Audible versions. This is because – outside of the research I do for my stories – I typically find nonfiction easier to fit into my schedule when I listen to it.
- Tim Challies – Do More Better: A Practical Guide to Productivity (Audible) (NTM)
- Timothy Keller – Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God (Audible) (NTM)
John MacArthur – Twelve Extraordinary Women (Audible) (NTM)(5/11/18)
- Katie Orr – Everyday Peace: Standing Firm in His Provision (NTM)
- Katie Orr – Everyday Faith: Drawing Near to His Presence (NTM)
R.C. Sproul – Knowing God’s Will (Audible)(1/5/18)
- R.C. Sproul – What Can I Do With My Guilt? (Audible)
- Champ Thornton – The Radical Book for Kids: Exploring the Roots and Shoots of Faith (NTM)
Books I Intend to Read at Some Point in the Future (because my husband says I have to sleep occasionally)
- Leah Atwood – Fire and Ice
- Leah Atwood – Winds of Change
- Leah Atwood – Whiter than Snow
- Leah Atwood – Dancing on Dew
- Johnnie Alexander – What Hope Remembers (NTM)
- Misty M Beller – A Rocky Mountain Romance
- Misty M Beller – The Lady and the Mountain Fire
- Misty M Beller – The Lady and the Mountain Promise
- Misty M Beller – The Lady and the Mountain Call
- Misty M Beller – The Rancher Takes a Cook
- Misty M Beller – The Ranger Takes a Bride
- Misty M Beller – The Rancher Takes a Cowgirl
- Sarah M. Eden, Annette Lyon, and Heather B. Moore – A Night in Grosvenor Square (Novella Collection) (NTM)
- Jessica Day George, Julie Wright, Sarah M. Eden, Julie Daines, Heather B. Moore, Annette Lyon – Happily Ever After: Six Fairytale Romances (Novella Collection) (NTM)
- Michelle Griep – The Captive Heart
- Michelle Griep, Susanne Dietze, Anne Love, Gabrielle Meyer, Natalie Monk, Jennifer Uhlarik, Erica Vetsch, Jaime Jo Wright, Kathleen Y’Barbo – Of Rags and Riches Romance Collection (Novellas) (NTM)
- Cathy Marie Hake – Serendipity
- Robin Lee Hatcher – A Letter to the Editor (NTM)
- Rachel Hauck – A Brush with Love (Novella)
- Kristi Ann Hunter – A Search for Refuge (Novella) (NTM)
- Maureen Lang, Cynthia Hickey, Barbara Tifft Blakey, Mary Davis, Darlene Franklin, Debby Lee, Donna Schlachter, Connie Stevens, & Pegg Thomas – The Pony Express Romance Collection (Novellas) (NTM)
- Maureen Lang – Whisper on the Wind (NTM)
- Carla Laureano – The Saturday Night Supper Club (NTM)
- Loree Lough – Currency of the Heart (NTM)
- Loree Lough – Guardians of the Heart
- Loree Lough – Healing of the Heart
- Carolyn Miller – The Captivating Lady (NTM)
- Jennifer Rodewald – The Cupcake Dilemma (NTM)
- Missy Tippens, Cheryl Wyatt, Kristen Ethridge, & Jessica Keller – Back to You (Novella Collection) (NTM)
General Market (but to the best of my knowledge, sweet/clean)
- Heather B. Moore – Worth The Risk (NTM)
- Teresa Slack – Runaway Heart
- Teresa Slack – Love Begins
- Teresa Slack – A Little Goodbye
Other Nonfiction books I intend to read (or reread)
- Douglas Wilson – Easy Chairs, Hard Words: Conversations on the Liberty of God (Audible) (Read this one years ago. Want to re-read/listen to it again.)